The Canadian Fund for International Understanding through Culture aspires to strengthen global understanding through the shared experience of culture. As a graphic creation, the logo itself manifests this vision, bringing together key elements to form a meaningful whole:
- The five colours: red, yellow, green, blue, black, are symbolic of the five continents of the world. These colours, and white, appear on all the national flags of the world today.
- The circle is a universal symbol for understanding.
- The compass, which originated in 4th century China, is the tool for finding and following direction.
- The brush strokes bring human culture into play, while also representing the latitudes that reach around the planet.
- The angle evokes dynamic growth and forward thinking. It is a reminder of the earth’s daily rotation about its axis.
inconceptsdesign created a word mark, stationery, kit folder, information sheets and invitations in English and Chinese.